Networks and workgroups
The development of our activities implies the establishment of specific partnerships with a number of entities.
The Fundació Salut i Envelliment participates in these networks and working groups:
- Work group on osteporosis, falls and fractures: This group belonging to the SEGG (Sociedad Española de Geriatría y Gerontología) has as its goal to coordinate and develop studies, projects and programmes related to osteoporosis and falls in the elderly.
- Healthy brain ageing and nutrition: This EUGMS (European Geriatric Medicine Society) workgroup on nutrition and cognition has the aim to discuss and identify nutritional components or dietary patterns that can have an effect on cognition and can play a (preventive) role in healthy brain ageing.
- Observatorio de Sarcopenia y Nutrición: This SEGG initiative intends to encourage training activities and basic and clinical research in the field of sarcopenia.
- Profound: European expert group on mobility, falls and physical exercise in the elderly for the dissemination of preventive interventions agains falls in the elderly
- Workgroup on active ageing of the Diputació de Barcelona, with city council technicians and the Welfare Area of the Diputación de Barcelona, to analyze and generate applied knowledge on active ageing promotion on a local level.